Joseph Leonas

Joseph Leonas

Chief of Police

Send an Email

1 Olde Half Day Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069

Phone: 847-883-8600
Fax: 847-883-8608

Licensing and Registration 

Parking Information

Community Information


Q: Does Lincolnshire require "Overweight Permits" for trucks? 
A: Yes, our residential streets have a 6-ton per axle weight limit, with the exception of Londonderry Lane, which is 4-ton per axle weight limit. Anything heavier requires a permit from the Police Department.

Q: Does Lincolnshire issue Liquor Licenses?
A: Yes, applications and/or questions should be directed to the Police Department Administrative Assistant.

Q: Does Lincolnshire require licenses for amusement devices?
A: Yes, amusement device licenses are required. Applications and/or questions should be directed to the Police Department Administrative Assistant.

Q: Does Lincolnshire require Solicitors/Peddlers licenses?
A: Yes, contact the Police Department's Records section for information and applications.

Q: Does Lincolnshire require vehicles to be registered with the Village?
A: No, vehicle stickers are not required in the Village.

Q: Does the Village of Lincolnshire require Bicycle Registration?
A: The Village does not mandate licensing of bicycles within the Village, however, bike licenses are available on a voluntary basis at no cost from the Police Department. Contact Records at 847-913-2350 for more information.

Q: Does the Village of Lincolnshire require pets to be registered?
A: No, pets do not have to be registered in the Village. It is unlawful to keep in excess of three dogs or three cats or any combination of such animals in excess of a total of three upon any residential lot within the Village. It is unlawful to allow a cat or dog to run at large. Pets are not allowed in Lincolnshire parks.

Q: When is parking prohibited on Village streets?
A: Parking is prohibited on all village streets between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. or after one inch of snowfall.

Q: Does the Police Department issue Temporary Handicapped Parking Permits?
A: No, contact the Illinois Secretary of State to obtain a placard.  Information is available on the Illinois Secretary of State website.

Q: Can special permission be granted for parking on the street or parking a boat or RV in my driveway?
A: Yes, outdoor parking of recreational vehicles, including but not limited to boats, trailers, snowmobiles, campers, house trailers, motor homes or commercial trucks are prohibited in residentially zoned districts but permission can be granted on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Dispatch Center at 847-883-9900 or click here for further information.

Q: What are the curfew hours in Lincolnshire?
A: Curfew is applicable to any person under the age of 17. It is enforced:

  • Friday and Saturday      Midnight – 6 a.m.
  • Sunday -Thursday  11 p.m. – 6 a.m.   

This is not to be confused with nighttime driving restrictions under the Illinois Graduated Driver’s License.  A driver’s license/permit issued to a person under the age of 18 will not be valid during these hours:

  • Friday and Saturday     11 p.m. – 6 a.m.
  • Sunday - Thursday  10 p.m. – 6 a.m.

Q: What are the construction/landscape hours in Lincolnshire?

A: No, commercial contractor or commercial waste hauler, as defined in Section 5-1-11 of the Village Code, shall perform any work, provide any service or deliver any materials to any construction site on any Sunday or federally-recognized holiday on which the village administrative offices are closed, or before 7 a.m. or after 7 p.m., Monday - Friday, and before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m. on Saturday.

Q: Where is the Illinois Vehicle Emissions Testing Site? 

A: The site is located at 580 Bond Street in Lincolnshire. The emissions test center is on the west side of Bond Street. The phone number for the emissions program is 800-436-7566.

Q: Is there a list of Registered Sex Offenders who live in Lincolnshire?
A: Yes. A list of registered sex offenders who reside in Lincolnshire is maintained by the Lake County Sheriff's Office in Waukegan. You can access this information by going to Lake County's Web Site.

Sorry, this website uses features that your browser doesn’t support. Upgrade to a newer version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge and you’ll be all set.